In this book your child will find:
- Exercises based around ten common text types
- A wide variety of interesting activities
- Fun visual exercises to stimulate the imagination
- Revision sections throughout for constant reinforcement
- A lift-out answer section
The Excel Basic Skills: Writing Skills book is designed to help Years 3-4 students develop and increase their creative writing skills. It is a clear and practical guide to writing well-structured, grammatically correct English.The book is divided into units based on various narrative and non-fiction text types. Each unit provides a model text, then a variety of practical exercises that cover the important grammar, vocabulary and punctuation points to be learned when writing for that specific text type.Answers are provided in a convenient lift-out section in the centre.
- Narrative – Strike me Pink!
- Recount – Diary Entry
- Information Report – The Bilby
- Recount – History of Cats in Australia
- Exposition – Should Pet Cats Wear Bells?
- Procedure – How to Make a Paper Folding Cat
- Explanation – Red Crabs of Christmas Island
- Description – the Sydney Opera House
- Biography – William Charles Wentworth
- Information Report – The Blue Mountains