To achieve this, the Year 2 books focus on:
- Practice of the focus letter within words in sentences, or within clusters of words which have a similar phonic pattern, or are often found in Year 2 spelling lists, or are linked by theme
- Tracing and copying sentences and words commonly found in Year 2 spelling lists.
- Practice of numerals, number words and punctuation
- Number words and punctuation integrated into sentences.
- More emphasis on practice
- Handwriting activities include puzzles, sorting activities, poems and rhymes
- Self assessment exercises