The Excel series of English Workbooks for Years 3–6 will help primary school students with the reading and writing they do every day at school — in English and in other subjects. Each chapter is set out as a separate unit of work covering a different type of writing (‘text type’) and contains exercises that relate to that particular text type.
In this book you will find:
- Eleven chapters, each set out as a unit of work covering a particular text type (such as narratives, letters, speeches and information reports), including a chapter on writing for school projects
- Exercises and activities in each chapter which are directly linked to the text type covered
- Practice in skills such as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and comprehension
- Interesting and relevant sample texts, including many written by Year 4 students, with important features highlighted
- Answers to all questions at the back of the book.